FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have to stop by counter but no one can tell me why
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:17 pm
KE81

Have to stop by counter but no one can tell me why

After modifying the time I was picking up/returning on an upcoming reservation, I noticed that I was being directed to the counter instead of to the aisle. I initially thought it had to do with my late arrival and/or the station I was renting from (hence my post on this issue in the BWI thread), but I spoke with the lead customer service rep at BWI who said it had to do with something coming from corporate, and that everything in my reservation and in my profile looked fine. I called the general customer service line a couple of times, and was eventually transferred to a very unhelpful supervisor who sounded like she just woke up, refused to look at anything in my account, and told me that there was absolutely nothing she could do because there's nothing in her system that shows her why I have to stop at the counter. She suggested that typically this occurs when there's some issue with payment, your driver's license, etc. But my payment method hasn't changed, and although I changed driver's licenses earlier this year, I've rented twice since then without being prompted to stop at the counter.

Does anyone know what might be going on? I'm also baffled that neither the corporate customer service supervisor nor the station lead customer service rep can tell me what's wrong.