FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Cityhopper HUY-AMS - why are the back seats blocked?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:04 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
Is there anything I might be able to credit the flight to that I might be able to pool. There's usually quite a big list of codeshares with these flights. Virgin? Or do I need to have status?
Forget about the miles.

If it's not worth signing up each passenger in Flying Blue, then it's certainly not worth signing everyone up in a brand new programme where you could pool the paltry amount of miles you would earn (if any) in that other programme.

I realise people hate letting miles go "begging", but going through hoops to sign up to a new account, where all miles can be claimed, isn't really achieving anything when you just end up with a tiny (and unusable) amount of miles sitting in an account which you will never be able to use for anything.

(For the record, I know of no Skyteam programme which allows "pooling" of miles like that; and besides, many of the other Skyteam programmes may grant no miles whatsoever for whichever economy fare class you may end up travelling in)

(Also for the record, Virgin codeshares on KL services from HUY are only available when buying an intercontinental ticket to certain North American destinations. This tends to be the rule for codeshares on shorthaul sectors - they are only sold in conjuction with a longhaul connection)

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 25, 2019 at 10:09 am