FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Hilton Hotel in the USA 100% non smoking (pool and patios)
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:04 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
Does this thread really need to be a debate about smoking? I would hope we can get back on topic....and that is if there are hotels in the Hilton portfolio that are totally non-smoking in the US.
In practice, I haven't seen a smoking/nonsmoking option at Hilton in years. They're nonsmoking throughout the building. As a nonsmoker I don't even think about this anymore with Hilton or Marriott.

Marriott has the stronger statement of the two chains - they say every hotel in the U.S. and Canada is 100% nonsmoking, presumably except for a small designated smoking area (e.g., not the pool). But I don't run into smoke at Hiltons enough to make this some kind of brand differentiator.

If you want to reminisce about the sweet smell of tobacco smoke in hotels, just book one of the downmarket brands that still offers smoking rooms.

I think the OP is just starting threads for the hell of it, but if smoking at a specific property is a big concern for anyone, they can just call the hotel and ask what the policy is. Again, the bigger problem these days is usually for people who want to smoke somewhere other than a little outdoor spot 25 feet away from the front door.