FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Based in Korea. How useful is Asia Miles vs Kris Flyer?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:02 am
flubber

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by HatesFlyingMiles
Will be spending more time in Korea in the future. Currently using Kris Flyer and Asia Miles. If you had to pick between the two, which of these programs would be more useful for travel throughout Asia, Europe and to the US from Seoul?

I tried looking at redemption options on SQ website. Was met with flight unavailable in red pretty much all the time. Must be me not knowing what to enter? Asia Miles looked ok to Europe and US. But I don't know if this is a rip off with partner airlines or not.
It really depends on where you will most likely be travelling to in Asia - if mostly South East Asia destinations SQ will be a better choice. However, whichever you choose you will have to transit in either Singapore or HK, which means spending a fair bit of time at the lounges. By this measure, CX has the best lounges in the industry (although many are debating that the quality of the food at the CX lounges are going downhill) so CX may be the better choice. The other point you should consider is the duration of the flights from Seoul to Singapore or HK - it is 6+ hours to Singapore and 3+ hours to HK.