FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Cityhopper HUY-AMS - why are the back seats blocked?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:51 am
DeeGee26.2

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
KLM Cityhopper HUY-AMS - why are the back seats blocked?

I've decided that before I dare risk a long flight somewhere exciting with my 3 year old daughter, we should try a little hop first, as I'd rather find out she doesn't like to fly on a 40 minute flight across the North Sea than something to Florida. So I've booked the whole family (myself and the wife, a well-travelled 9 year old and our 3 year old who has never even seen a plane up close before) on an overnight trip to Leiden, flying out from Humberside to Schiphol on KLM Cityhopper. Travelling in Y.

I'm considering pre-booking our seats, in order that we can all sit together, either in two rows one in front of the other, or either side of the aisle (it's a 2x2)

Currently, I can pay to book the "Economy Comfort" seats, or rows 9-18.

On both outward and return flights, the back rows 19-23 are all blocked out either because they're already booked or will not be made available to book. Any idea why this might be? Is there likely to be a group booking or something?

Additionally, I am FB (Blue, don't do enough mileage to have anything other) and none of the rest of the family have any FF accounts. Is there any way like Avios that I can sign them up to FB and then pool their points, or are they just FB points lost?