FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New TSA screening system in development "sees" too much
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:47 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I have used the qualifier "can" in my comments purposely. I agree for medical purposes explicit images would be considered necessary if created for a specific diagnostic purpose but there is no reasonable excuse, in my mind, for TSA to create explicit images of adults or children. If Congress disapproved of the WBI images before privacy filters I don't see this going over well at all. If TSA knows the images are explicit then not modifying the machines before deployment would be shortsighted.
Congress disapproving or not, it doesn't make a difference unless and until Congress makes sure to get passed a law restricting TSA from doing what Congress may seem to have disapproved. But government seems less eager to pass laws restricting government than it is in expanding the capability for government to expand power over the traveling public and providing room for government to decide for itself what is and is not allowed to be done to the traveling public.