FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGA-CLE-EWR-China routing
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:00 pm
deskover54

Originally Posted by jsloan
EWR and NYC are separate markets. (The city code for Beijing is actually BJS, btw . However, a quick check of the fare table for EWR-BJS shows that the lowest current UA fare for EWR-BJS is a $0 add-on to the NYC-BJS fare.

Right. Either UA is providing inventory on LGA-CLE-EWR-PEK that they're not providing on EWR-PEK, or there's a fare break at CLE and it's pricing as LGA-CLE + CLE-EWR-PEK. If OP provides dates, we could figure it out -- but the original point still stands. In order to get the cheaper fare, UA is going to require that you fly all of the legs.
I'd love to get the insight here, so hoping OP gives dates. This stuff is fascinating to me to learn. and totally makes sense. I am highly doubtful that it's a fare break. PEK fares are so low, and i don't think nyc cle is a cheap fare. just a guess. but can't wait to see someone decode the fare construction.

and yes, i think most of us knew you have to fly it all. or irrops. if your conx is tight, or there's a drizzle, you can usually get them to dump the other 2 legs and hopefully get ORC if it's a legit delay or misconnect.