FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tipping and Priority Pass restaurants
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:29 pm
Gig103

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Tipping and Priority Pass restaurants

I started to post this in a different thread, then decided I didn't want to derail that conversation.

Putting aside the "should I tip" debate, for those of us who want to, something I wish PP would do is allow us to tip with either the leftover credit, or to tip in the app and have it deducted from our membership account. The former I don't see happening since that opens up avenues of fraud, and affects the PP valuation. But the latter would be useful IMO because I am mostly cashless in my day-to-day and as a result I don't usually have "tipping cash" (i.e. bills less than $20). I have no doubt the waitstaff will give me change, but it's just one more thing to deal with.

It would also eliminate the begging/lecturing I've experienced - at RJ Rockers in GSP the waitress told me multiple times when I sat down that PP doesn't include gratuity, and again when dropping off my check, and again at the register when I went up to pay. And one blogger at least reported that the restaurant in LAX T2 dropped PP because of waitstaff complaints.