FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status and cost to obtain
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:43 pm
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
For LTT members, there is zero incentive to do over 75 nights (frankly not that much incentive to do 75 or 50 these days either).

Much better off going to get top tier status w/another program.
The only tangible benefits are those 50/75 choices.

I dont have any LT status yet, so my strategy would be try to reach at least 75 ... which is my current average night/year (did some multi room booking that will make spending average looks pretty high)
$9500 for 21 nights ... which comes out to around $450/night

Currently I have platinums for GHA discovery (very limited footprint although they do have some interesting properties) and also Gold with Accor

I use these 2 as back up for location that dont have viable Marriott hotel nearby.
And since their status can be earned by spending instead of night, it was very easy for me to reach them

Last year I did have the opportunity to keep these back up plans at their current tier due to multiple room credit at SPG.
However with the removal of that benefit, I might have to ditch these two.

And for Bonvoy, there still 10 night meeting I could use this year and also the availability of a nearby Moxy for $30/ night can be an interesting place for a mattress run