FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interline Baggage MCT
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:41 pm
Gongzuokuang

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Not sure about ORD, but for JFK it has been the case for a few years at least. It is also possible that previous CX check-in agents did not check and thought that 3 hours would be enough.
It might be that they didn't check. I have flown this route 20+ times, and I've never had this problem before. For the flight from ORD to DTW, sometimes I take AA, sometimes DL.

AA is easier for the baggage drop (after clearing customs). DL has a drop, but it's often unmanned. I've been able to drop DL-routed bags at the AA or UA drop, but it's always an uneasy feeling.

I usually don't care much if it's AA or DL. If I fly AA, I can use the Admirals Club or Flagship (because arriving CX J or F). If DL, I can use SkyClub because of Amex benefits.

AA has many flights ORD to DTW, but sometimes the times are not as convenient as DL. But now, if the baggage check is going to be such a hassle then AA will be the winner.

Originally Posted by jagmeets
OP- was it possible for you to check in with DL at T5, or did you have to lug the bags, on the bus, to T2?
OMG, I had to do it all on the bus, and it was awful. I think my last trip through O'Hare was April 2018, and tram was still working. I didn't realize the train/tram wasn't operating. WHAT A MESS. Long lines and overcrowded shuttle buses. As mentioned above, DL does have a desk there for recheck, but it is often unmanned. I didn't know the tram wasn't working, so I didn't bother to check if anyone was at the DL desk. I was guessing that was only for RECHECK. I should've checked.