FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels in Beijing?
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:35 am
bearbrick

Originally Posted by moondog
My last reply vaporized, so here's a short version:
1. GH is the best hotel downtown (i.e. the Pen doesn't compare)
-awesome lounge
-nice pool
-Made in China
2. In the CBD, pick one of the SL properties; I actually prefer Joon/June even though it is the cheapest because....
3. SLT is on a decline, but I've heard great things about the IC
moondog ,
1) Grand Hyatt though good can hardly be described as the best in “ downtown “ - there’s Pen and across is Waldorf Astoria which are a few notches above GH. But now there Mandarin Oriental Wangfujing and it’s a real gem .
for luxury , that would be the best bet in Beijing now - stayed 3 perfect nights there. Intimate and just right in terms of service and hardware . Good sized rooms with high ceilings , excellent quality. And then there’s the panoramic view of the forbidden city - Tiananmen to Jingsgan park . Stunning,

2) CBD - China World summit wing is good and with the revamped shopping within , its a solid choice .
Park Hyatt - redone is also worth a mention .

3) SanLiTun - IC is ok but it’s at best a 4.5/5 Star IC and overpriced for what it is . For this area I would recommend
The Chao, a solid boutique option in the area and with Sanlitun SoHo/Taikoo Li is coming along fine.

DaDong - is now just too difficult to get in - They are just too busy. Prefer the TuanJiehu original outlet , but that’s virtually impossible to get in.

just an update .