FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So I just got bonvoyed.... AGAIN!
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:26 am
itravelalot
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by stant
I just got done with a quick weekend trip to San Antonio Texas. I booked 2 nights stay at the Westin riverwalk. I asked my ambassador to put in for SNAs for the stay, but he said none were available for the dates I had picked, so he would email the property and ask them to upgrade me as a courtesy. Before checkin I had already been pre-booked into a corner suite (having paid for just the cheapest room, $150/night with $50 resort credit). When I got there I found out that they wanted to put me in a luxury suite. Top floor, probably 1500 sq ft. (I looked it up, 1560 sq ft - and $2700/night 'members only pre-paid' rate) 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining area, living room, bedroom and bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower. But get this. The room didnt come with *any* bikini models! I even looked in all of the closets and cabinets in case they were put away. And the tub wasnt pre-filled with champagne! Not even prosecco!

On my last stay at the Le Meridian in London I got upgraded to a executive suite (about 600 GPB per night to start) despite paying 220 GPB /night for the week. In my last 30 nights or so with this property I have gotten an executive suite upgrade all but 1 stay, and that stay was a junior suite.

A few months ago in Miami, I was staying at a legacy SPG property by the airport when I had to go down to renew my passport. It turned out that there was a slight problem with my new passport photo and the agent told me to stick around the area in case they needed to call me back to the office to get a new one done. So I went to the Marriott across the street from the passport office and said 'I'm dead tired and have to stick around the passport office, can I pretty please have access to the club lounge so I can relax a bit despite not being a guest at the property' - they said 'here is your pass key'.

Around Christmas time I was at the Marriott park lane in London. I needed to have some packages sent off to various destinations, a gift sourced that was sold out in shops for the better half, and I asked if the restaurant could get a piece of beef from selfriges that I have been wanting to try. All done and dusted by the time I ckecked in.

In short, I have had GREAT service from Marriott lately.

I can only assume I'm not the only one, yet I didnt notice any threads near the top about above and beyond Marriott experiences.... So I made this one
I think only the legacy SPG property in Miami went above-and-beyond. The Westin in San Antonio may have needed to put you in a better suite because of an oversell situation. The Marriott in London fulfilled a pretty basic request that presumably got the concierge or bellman a good tip. It's in a part of London frequented by guests who make these kinds of requests. I wouldn't expect that level of service from an airport Marriott.