FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brazil itinerary advice please
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:16 am
VidaNaPraia

You should be making your schedule around very limited flights from Foz to Rio that will not take up most of a day, instead of a couple of hours. There are only a few direct flights and a couple more with a connection that does not drag out. Flying into the in-town airport SDU saves an hour of travel into the city over GIG.
GOL 5:55 am arrive 7:50 (GIG)
GOL 13:40 arrive 17:10 (SDU)
Latam 16:25 arrive 18:25 (GIG)
GOL 18:35 arrive 20:30 (GIG)
Also I do not recommend flying domestically in Brazil on the same day of your international flight.
Also, I agree that CIuded del Este is an utter waste of time. If you want to get a window into how Brazilians stock their homes, sit on the bus with small store owners (like my friend"s father) for 20 some hours, sitting up, while they wait to see if the bus is going to be stopped by armed thieves and they are going to lose the cash savings they have brought to take care of their families day to day needs. Or on the way back when they might be stopped and boarded, guns pointed, and bus disabled and left in the middle of nowhere, and their merchandise stolen. Is that hot, dirty and messy enough for you?

So:
Days 1-3- Buenos Aires (most of one day ferry to and from Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay) or whatever
Day 4 - fly early AM to Iguacu Falls, spend the day in the Argentine park, and overnight on the Brazil side to avoid any traffic backup at the border the next day
Day 5 - tour Brazilian side (stay IN the Brazil park to get an early start, see Belmond Hotel das Cataratas), see the bird park and fly to Rio
Day 6 - explore Rio
Day 7 - explore Rio, fly to SP
Day 8 - explore SP, fly home in evening