FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing destination of AF ticket
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:31 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by cauchy
Thanks for this - much appreciated. I booked this via the 'time to think' option and the email they sent me is very clear that it's changeable, and my position is that I've relied on this. Let's see what AF ends up doing (ultimately, it's either change the ticket or we go down the mis-selling path, which I'd like to avoid if at all possible!).
I assume that you still want to do what you stated in your initial post, change the destination from YUL to some other NA point.
I don't think that your screenshot implies that it can be done at no charge. Maybe your email is more explicit but a "change" is usually date/time as pointed out by Goldorak.

There seems to be an obvious AF IT error. But you only give a printscreen of the top part of the fare conditions. Below this, AF states that Modifications may require the payment of a fare difference in addition to the above change fee. They also give the fare code .(VHUP2SBN) which would be the contractual details. I guess that you only paid some EUR300 for that ticket. But they could easily argue that the repricing to a CDG-LAX would be expensive even with a zero change fee.