FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So I just got bonvoyed.... AGAIN!
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:49 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by stant
As far as plat vs ambassador upgrades go - afik there is no official distinction there. As plat you should get upgraded just as easily as ambassador...
To both of our benefit (as Ambassadors), I believe this is not correct. With SPG there was indeed no distinction between P50, P75, and P100Amb. However now there is a distinction, at the very least front desk knows I am AMB whereas in the past they only recognized Plat. I am quite sure they now use this info to prioritize upgrades and I see more and more evidence of this on FT. Scanning different threads (including this one), you can get a developing picture that Plats are not getting much in terms of upgrades, Titaniums are hit and miss, and Ambassadors have the best success of all.

My personal experience is that my suite upgrade success has improved in the last few months, and I suspect it is specifically because there was no distinction between 50-75-100 before and now there is. So AMBs get the lion's share of upgrades. I am 10/13 this year so far regarding suite upgrades so I am happy with results, and so are you. There is even one hotel where I was 0/6 in suite upgrades in 2017-2018 and now on my only 2019 stay... suite upgrade, and in fact not even the basic suite but one category higher. ^