FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paid for C, schedule change on one leg to Y...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:02 pm
gnedge

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If it's a different regional carrier, you're absolutely entitled to cancel for a full refund according to USA DOT regulations.

However, you probably want to re-route so that your domestic segment has FC, although depending on your travel date, four FC/business class seats on the same flights could be difficult.
Thanks MSPeconomist. I'm going to call and ask for a voucher I think. I wanted my kids to experience the 747 upper deck and BA has the perfect configuration in their biz product in the upper deck, four seats straight across, two of them exit rows. I picked this flight combination specifically for these seats, so changing connections at this point is onerous.

These replies are exactly why I came to FT; for eighteen years, every question I've ever had has been answered by someone who has experience. My wife asked me why I didn't just call customer service and ask - I think this thread shows why. Thanks all.