FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cannot Upgrade Directly From Main Cabin To First Class??
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:36 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
PM here, usually get automatic upgrade to DC at purchase. I was automatically upgraded to a lousy middle DC seat at purchase of a domestic itinerary so called in to move me back to a main cabin exit row as no other DC seats were available.

I had the upgrade to FC box checked since purchase but not the upgrade to DC box checked. Four days before the flight I went back in and saw several good DC seats now available obviously from DM/PM who got upgraded to FC. Not only did it upgrade me to DC but it then also immediately upgraded me to FC.

I was not aware that an upgrade request directly from MC to FC wasn’t recognized by the system and that one had to go from MC to DC then from DC to FC within the 5-day window.
When you called to undo the C+ "upgrade" could the phone agent have unchecked the FC upgrade for your flight? Did you ever look to see that you still had the FC upgrade requested?