FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:49 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
Got an odd couple that speak to the algorithm weirdness.

Flying RDU - LGA - RDU within the next week.

Outbound is E175 with 8F left and they want $180. Return is CR900 with 6F remaining and they only want $44.

Go figure, not biting on either, perfectly fine in C+ for the short flight and still pretty high chance one or both clears as a PM upgrade.

On the flip side my own upcoming RDU - BOS - RDU in a couple weeks is at $84 on the outbound for a flight that doesn't have a single F seat sold on the CR9 but $650 for the return on an E175 that still has 9F.

Go figure, again C+ cleared at booking so not biting on either (would rather save the money to fund my visit to Treehouse Brewing as part of that trip)
What is the bucket inventory? From what I've seen, the pricing is simply driven off of that and not the number of open seats. It would be helpful if people posted the bucket inventory on their flights instead of simply open seats. Also, original booking class/C+ upgrades/etc. appear to have zero relevance on price from what I've seen. It's looks like they have simply set prices based on which bucket is available up front (JCDIZ) and that is the only factor that matters. Also, it appears that FCM offers go away completely when there is only J bucket left.

Have flights DTW-BWI and back on 6/9 - 6/13 with non-status companion and both flights are showing as $74 upgrades. Both flights (1233 and 1637) are currently Z9. Will monitor and update if bucket inventory change and there is no longer Z inventory.