FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:22 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Ditto
To be able to do further comparison, one would need to know how many award sears are available with M&M, vs. how many award seats are available with FB at the lower miles amount.
Nonetheless FB offering extra seats are higher prices is a positive thing, it is better than no availability at all.
Yes, you're right, that would give a more complete picture. Especially since the link between fares-for-purchase and mileage amount required is not always intuitive with FB (you can have low award price although only high purchase fares are available, and vice-versa).

From personal experience with both programs, I find the "good deals" on FB really good deals. However, in about half the cases they are not available on the dates/routes that I want to travel. M&M only works for me because I have a booking guarantee. Otherwise I would find it nearly impossible to get the seats at the dates that I want (esp. vacation time).