FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rant] AS First Class Is a Bad Joke
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:32 pm
jjmadison

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
What is the terrible condition of the VX cabins that people are talking about? Do we have any pictures? I was last on one in December and my seat got stuck in recline but the condition seemed okay. From the way people are describing them, I'm picturing holes in the seats, dirty carpets and panels falling off the sides of the cabin.
There have been multiple reports that AS has stopped doing repairs and maintenance on VX F seats. Here is my recent report from the upgrade thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30958994-post164.html

I've seen rips, very dirty carpets, broken recline, broken fold-out tables, and most often, dirty (non-maintained) leather. All of these problems are fixable with proper maintenance. Pre-merger, there was serious attention paid to keeping the seats in top condition. Not getting into the VX/AS fight... just worth noting it is entirely possible, if AS cared about it.

All that said, I've also sat in F seats on AS Boeing aircraft that looked extremely dirty. All it takes is regular conditioning of the leather to keep the seat material looking decent. AS clearly doesn't see that as a priority.