FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK in IST: Thread #3 - Transit and Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:16 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
After giving it some thought, I think the 7-9 hour hole is disingenuous but it is what it is for people who book a ticket now. You know what you are getting into, buyer beware.

However I booked my ticket back when the rule was free hotel for 7+ hours layover therefore I was promised a hotel room when I booked. I show flexibility by not insisting on a hotel room: I can accept a sleeping room if they won't give me a hotel room. However if it is them who are not being flexible either for the hotel or sleeping room, then I do not think I should just roll over. It is not right to change the rules against the customers after the fact... I will insist in person.
By the way, if you have e-mailed the respective hotel desk and got a confirmation e-mail keep it. That might work.
If you were planning to get a hotel room on the spot. Once again, sorry.
These kind of situations are one of the reason that I strictly advise to e-mail the respective hotel desk as soon as tickets are booked and plans are confirmed.