FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Financial Review discussion
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:15 am
fliesdelta

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by pownation
Thanks to all for the feedback shared so far.

However, I need to clarify my situation for those that did go through a FR and thought it was largely a 'non-event'. Hence my request for feedback for anyone that may have been in a similar situation.

I took a year off in 2017. No income. No tax returns. I'm doing well enough to afford to take a year off. I just submitted my tax returns for 2018, IRS did not process it yet. There is a 2 week deadline to get AMEX a tax return from 2017 or 2018 year. If I do not, my accounts will be closed. Other prior tax years do not count. Bank statements are not accepted. Pay stubs are not accepted. No extension will be provided by Amex to allow adequate time for 2018 tax return to complete.

I cannot believe there isn't a more thoughtful and comprehensive internal assessment by Amex on the elements of a Financial Review. It is grossly unfair, disruptive, intrusive and limited.
I wonder if you can provide Amex with your 2016 return, an explanation as to why you didn't have income in 2017, and your 2018 return as filed, plus whatever else you might have to prove that you're credit-worthy and have the assets to cover your Amex bills.

Good luck with this, and please do keep us posted.