FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A way to improve Tier Point Runs and Premium Fare Deals threads
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:57 am
littlefish

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by dylanks
Honestly if FT would make it possible to have all posts in a thread be a single page but not get too clever and try to scroll up or down automatically, I'd find catching up on longer threads to be a lot less frustrating. But because of this odd behaviour, threads with many posts and frequent activity are rather annoying to try to catch up on via a mobile device. And as far as I can tell, the settings are either to disable the all posts in a page feature, or live with the scrolling quirks.
Absolutely this! Its got to the point I avoid many of the longer threads on my commute. I thought it was just me.
As a wider point, I avoid many of the multi-year monster threads on the aa and Hilton sub-forums for the same reason. So, yes, does seem to be a wider functionality point.

Back to the topic in hand. I have no doubt there is some subtle distinction between the Tier Points thread and Premium fares thread (Is there a non-Premium fares thread?), but it has been lost on me these last three years and no doubt on many of the newer visitors or more infrequent users.