FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing destination of AF ticket
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:43 am
offvoice

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Depending on the fare bucket, you can sometimes change the country as well (always over the phone) but a trick would be to add a stopover where you want to actually stop and stop your journey there.

Exemple i had a few months ago:

Return leg traveling from NBO to LHR, direct KQ on AF purchased ticket : I needed to go to Dubai for a day first, and arrive at CDG.

they provided a repriced ticket NBO-DXB-CDG at 1800€ (in Y!) but repriced à NBO-DXB-CDG-LHR at 350€ (magic of yield I guess). I just didn’t catch the CDG-LHR leg.

two comments though :
  • I believe it’s easier to do this on outbound than inbound (if you don’t catch the last leg of your inbound flight, I’m not 100% sure it doesn’t have any kind of implications for your outbound flight (except if you purchase it on AF Italy, which need to provide tickets compliant with Italian laws that won’t allow to cancel outwards tickets if you didn’t fly your entire onward ticket - but please check carefully beforehand).
  • If you are Platinum, do this offer the phone with them, they are very efficient.

Hope it helps, let us know!