FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:52 pm
flyerwanabe1

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
Originally Posted by tmiw
I've had the card for a month and so far, I'm not all that impressed with their customer service.
  1. Attempted to add my card to Google Pay right after activating it. I was required to call in (which is a bit annoying, but fine). After a fair bit of time on hold I finally got a live person that asked me security questions from public records...who then got someone else on the line to ask me a different set of security questions. Fortunately, the first person was then able to activate the virtual card after that. Total time on the phone: 22 minutes.
  2. A large purchase at Home Depot resulted in a "please call us" message on their online banking. I spent 30 minutes on hold before getting someone who was able to clear the fraud flag on my account. Fraud is one of those things you'd think would have a low wait time (if nothing else, to reduce their fraud losses due to delays).
  3. Tried to use Google Pay at my work's cafeteria yesterday and it declined. Later, when I called Barclaycard to ask if my account has any issues, they couldn't see any transactions from that morning and claimed that it declined "on the merchant's end". This despite the Google Pay app actually showing the transaction with the word "declined" next to it and the Barclaycard mobile app sending me a declined transaction push notification later that day.
Note that these calls were all during typical business hours on the West Coast (or shortly thereafter in the case of the Google Pay activation), so it's not a function of me calling in the middle of the night or something. Anyway, we'll see how the rest of the first year goes but I'm thinking this is going to be one of the cards that gets downgraded or cancelled once the AF hits.

​​​​​​Agreed. Between the crazy wait time whenever I need to ask a question and the $100 min requirement for redemptions. This card is gone.