FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Putrajaya gone; alternative?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:22 pm
jiunsoh

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
I wont recommend movenpick, go read those recent reviews at tripadvisor, that property is badly managed, also there is transportation issue at that location, which caused many traveller missed flight.

1) Hotel's airport shuttle running once every 2 hours, and some reviewers even get charged by using it.
2) If you planning to use Grab to call taxi/car, you will be disappointed because no driver will pickup your order, it's because taxi and grab driver are required to queue at airport to pickup customer, those airport pickup gets higher fare charge. The problem is Movenpick is so near to airport, fare charge is so low, so no driver willing to give up their queue to answer such a short distance job.

if you really want to stay at accor property, i will recommend to stay at city center,
1) ibis fraser park - this hotel is near to MEX highway entrance, an espressway to airport, 30-40min drive.
2) pullman klcc, novotel klcc, ibis klcc all three are like 5-10min to MEX highway, then from MEX to airport is around 30-40min drive.
3) sofitel damansara - this hotel is a little away from city center, but it is located next to SPRINT highway, which linked to NKVE highway to airport. driving distance to airport is around 40-50min.

you also have alternative to use KLIA Express Train, just take grab or taxi from hotel to KL Sentral train station, 10-15min distance from all the hotels above.

Originally Posted by markis10
Did you read the Accor hotels Malaysia thread? Methinks you will find the info you seek, FWIW I don’t class Putrajaya as close to KL.
he wants location near to KUL (airport code for kuala lumpur international airport), and Putrajaya is quite near to it.