FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - sin-kul SQ fares 3-6 times higher than others?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:28 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by nov11
Why don't you do this on MH instead? If for some reasons (weather is a great reason especially over summer), you are delayed on HKG-SIN and you'll miss your SIN-KUL connection, they can (and I know from experience in the past) re-route you to KUL bypassing SIN (I was told that since I was connecting to a OW flight, they can just re-route me to my final).
Because it is a AS award ticket and I can't use another airline (except AS) in combo with CX.

I don;t mind transferring terminals - I started this thread b/c I was shocked at the one way SQ price but I did find that the rt is CHEAPER than the one way. I thought that the no show fee would apply if I just didn't take the return, but the SQ agent just told me that as long as I cancel the return I will not be charged a no show fee (this doesn't exist in the US and if you cancel sometimes they'll reprice the ticket to a higher one way fare so the plan is the opposite here).
I couldn't find how the no show fee applies on the sQ website - love to see it in print.
In summary - I don't care which carrier I use for this short flight and I appreciate all the help.