FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] CA: YUL-HAV lie flat rt $401 CAD
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:06 am
Steveman

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
For those of us who took advantage of that J fare, it is still much better than economy. For those who paid full J fare, if any, it’s an insult. I took advantage of the special fare.

Looks like every Canadian passenger except my seat neighbour and I got their visa onboard..How I could escape that situation is too long to explain, and it was all luck, but I learned that there is an agent from a touristic agency waiting for such cases, when you’re turned back at the Cuban customs, that will charge you 100$ for the missing visa. If that agency is open, your case is not hopeless. Which does not make Air China a more reliable airline. .

To make matters worse it sounds like now we'll be receiving only 110% Aeroplan points for the flight which changed from 125% Aeroplan points recently.
Here is a review of a similar flight on an Air China 787-9 -- the narrow footwells look awful.
Do you believe that you were targeted to not get a green tourist card because of the special fare you were flying on?
Did you have any lounge access in YUL?

Last edited by Steveman; Apr 21, 2019 at 4:40 pm Reason: it's a touist card for Canadians, not a visa