AS36

Programs: Alaska Mileageplan, United Mileageplus
4/12/19
BOS-SEA
AS741 (737-800)
8:40AM departure
Menu: loaded, but not distributed
Breakfast

Menus were not offered. When I asked if they were loaded the flight attendant said that they were but she didnít distribute them since verbal descriptions were more personal. I can appreciate that on the surface, but being asked ďomelet or breakfast bowlĒ vs an actual menu Iíll take the latter.
First class was served by an ex-Virgin American flight attendant, as evidenced by both pre departure beverages and all meal items being served at once. Breakfast consisted of plain yoghurt and tasteless granola, fruit, and a choice of an omelet or a breakfast bowl. I ordered the omelet, filled with cheese and supposedly artichoke and spinach. The highlight of breakfast was the crispy bacon served with it; I also enjoyed the potatoes. I was in row 3 but had pre-ordered my choice. My travel companion ordered the breakfast bowl, which I believe had sausage, egg, hash brown, veggies, and hollendaise.
After the meal the flight attendant disappeared into the galley. The snack basket was offered mid-flight and again before landing. Otherwise service was entirely reactive. It has been a long time since Iíve done a trans-con in Alaska first class so I donít know if this is normal or not, but no crew member ever came though refilling water like on United. As a result I pressed the call button a few times