FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:39 pm
Toshbaf
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Curious about your tagline there...

What constitutes "fun" as opposed to merely "enjoyable"? Per most definitions, "fun" means "amusing, entertaining or pleasurable in a lighthearted way"

Did the pilots put you through a couple of barrel rolls or something? Perhaps go into a supersonic dive?
It started with a tagline of "(commercial) aircraft that I've been aboard". It started to possibly look like bragging so I shortened it to a few variants that I have been aboard and liked. In most cases, I suspected that the flight would be one of the few times that I would be aboard that variant so I tried to inhale deeply and enjoy the experience.

With the 747SP, I have only been aboard it on two flights. With the A340-500, only one flight. With both planes, short of being the Sultan of Brunei, it won't be possible to do it again. Another not listed, but similarly, rare and I knew it at the time is the 737-200QC.

With the L1011-500 and BAe 146-300, I didn't know when the last flight for me aboard these would be but I knew that there wouldn't be too many more.

The last time I flew aboard a MD-90 was in 2015. I deeply inhaled because I thought it could be the last for me. It is still possible to fly aboard a Delta MD-90. The last time I flew aboard a 717 was in 2017. Still easily possible but unknown if I will.

Now, when I fly within the continental US, it is almost always 737-800/900ER or A320. That's it. In 2014, I flew on Westjet. I was hoping it would be a 737-600 but it wasn't.

Last edited by Toshbaf; Apr 20, 2019 at 5:52 pm