FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:50 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
WHBM, you are as always a great source of information on all things aviation related. Thanks for this latest bit on the scene in and around Dubai. Where once I figured my two day visit there would suffice for my interests, I can now see planning a return visit via the stopover provision on Emirates and visiting some of the places you've mentioned.

Earlier today I had my first visit to Pittsburgh International Airport since my days of winging around the region on unlimited mileage Liberty Fares aboard Allegheny Airlines DC-9s and BAC-111s back in the late 70s. (88 flights in two weeks on one of them!) I was looking forward to reacquainting myself with the old terminal and its high ceilinged central commons area, but NO! Unbeknownst to me, the old terminal had been demolished in 1999. The new terminal looks quite nice and modern though - wide concourses, appealing carpets and furnishing, attractive shops and restaurants, even an Admirals Club lounge - in all a very nice airport that I'll look forward to visiting once again in October when I commence a fall foliage tour of northeastern U.S. excursion trains - as well as Amtrak's Adirondack and Cardinal trains.

In the meantime, greetings to one and all from seat 2D aboard Alaska's 737-890 N592AS, winging it westward high above Ohio enroute to Seattle. Tomorrow I'll board Amtrak's Empire Builder for the 2000 mile journey east to Milwaukee, Wisconsin - there to enjoy a couple of beers (Not Miller, though) with fellow Denalians before winging it back to Seattle and beyond to Alaska.

Thanks to Toshbaf for taking the reins - however briefly - with a question or two. You guys (I'm assuming none a youse are gals) all have the experience and the intellect to put forth some pretty good questions if you want to. Indeed, intellectually speaking I am unquestionably the low rung on the ladder amongst you all, so there's your challenge: Go out there and up the game! Why put up with more middling queries from the likes of me when - with just a modicum of effort - you can challenge us with a superior set of your own questions? Do it, boys! Rise to the challenge! Otherwise you're gonna have to wait for JL's next batch in June and then... yes, that's right... another mind numbing collection of mediocrity from yours truly. You want to put that off as long as possible, don't you? So get to it! If you don't have access to your own OAGs, you can purchase them on eBay or you can go to sites like departedflights.com or timetableimages.com and utilize the schedules therein.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! ^

Good luck!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 20, 2019 at 4:38 pm