FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Code share with Aer Lingus, refused Priority Boarding with BA Gold Card
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:53 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I appreciate your opinion but remember, I was flying on a BA flight, as stated on the boarding pass. So, maybe I should just abandon trying to give my business to BA and just give it to Aer Lingus.......
Yes, I think I may have spotted that, and of course both airlines have the same owner. Nevertheless they are managed and operated quite differently. A codeshare ticket has some disadvantages, not least giving you the impression you were on a BA flight, which you were not. There are some upsides, notably earning BA tier points, and almost certainly a higher Avios earning rate too. It also helps on through checked baggage on any connecting flight, and can give you a better baggage allowance for a lower price than Aer Lingus' direct sales. Also you get lounge access in this case. On the other hand it may be a more expensive ticket. But Fast Track and Priority Boarding don't come with this sort of ticket.