FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Code share with Aer Lingus, refused Priority Boarding with BA Gold Card
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:24 pm
Thaikwai

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
BA Code share with Aer Lingus, refused Priority Boarding with BA Gold Card

I bought a seat on BA5955, departing Heathrow T2, operated by Aer Lingus, on18th. April. My BA Gold card got me in to the Aer Lingus lounge at T2. I assumed that I could also join the Priority Boarding line with my Gold card but I was refused by the boarding line dragon, despite other passengers behind me in the same line agreeing that my Gold card should allow me to board in the Priority Lane. The Boarding Pass says "sold as BA5955" but she resolutely refused my request, despite my telling her that only six weeks ago, in Dublin, my BA Gold card allowed me to board in the Priority lane on an Aer Lingus flight, and I had not even bought it as a code share.

This experience was embarrassing for me and when I called the BA Exec Club I got cut off before they could advise me whether or not I was within my rights to demand boarding in the Priority Boarding line.

Some element of consistency would be good from Aer Lingus, in terms of recognising the status of BA Gold card holders.

What does everybody else think about this...was I in the right, or in the wrong?