FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - URGENT - MCT In Toronto
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:15 pm
flyer_tom

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
At a first glance, it seems that something may have gone wrong in the alignment of the MCTs. As you may know, these work on the basis of marketing flight numbers.

A quick look on ExpertFlyer suggests that AA-BA is 2:00. This is a specific line that says "AA-BA II 2.00 ALL - UNITED KINGDOM".

However, AA-AA and BA-BA are 1:15, and it is not hard to get ITA to price itineraries with 90 minute connections on both combinations. (Theoretically, BA-AA is also 1:15 but I can't find any connection like that, so it may be illegal for other reasons.)

At a guess, AA wanted to impose a 2:00 MCT but only managed to file it / get it filed for AA-BA (ie the operating combination) rather than the other possible marketing combinations. That would explain why the BA call centre and ITA will still happily sell your 90 minute connection.
Interesting. I’m intrigued that this hasn’t come up as a problem before or as a regular problem. I’m also surprised that BA can still sell the tickets, but then based on your explanation above I can see why it “technically” works!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Canada has the same set up as the USA. There is no such thing as international connections on your routing . You have to clear yourself and the bags in Toronto in this context. I don't see this as much of an issue though, it should all be do-able if you arrive on time.

Not sure why the compo question came up though. The worst case scenario is a courier will lug the bags home for you.
Thanks CWS. Yes of course RE compo - not why or how I forgot that!

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Correct answer, just checked for YYZ: 2:00 (2 hrs), because it's AA-BA and USA-UK. That 1:15 would be a USA-international within T3, but there's a separate UK MCT noted for YYZ.
Thanks Yazata!