FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I missing something? Hyatt rewards seems very generous?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:58 am
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I love Hyatt, but the small footprint is more problematic than you might think.

It probably depends on how you define Small Town, USA.

Tallahassee is the capital of Florida with probably 300,000 in the metropolitan area. Little Rock, also a capital, with 200,000 people. Mobile has about 200,000 people.

I suspect there are at least half a dozen Marriott properties in each of those cities, but no Hyatts.

I'm no huge fan of CY/RI/TPS/etc., but when I suspect Marriott is in practically every city large than 100,000 people, and for those of us traveling regularly outside of "major" metropolitan areas, it makes Hyatt a a more difficult program.

I don't expect Hyatt to match Marriott's footprint (it would be a different hotel and program if it did), but I'd happily take another 20 Hyatt Places scattered around the country.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tistical_areas

Two of those three cities listed are in 130s for MSA...Little Rock is high 70s. I can live with that, as the vast majority of my travels are top 25 in the US. I get that others need coverage everywhere.

Agreed that a few more HPs are needed though, I have found a couple gaps in my travels. Have to stay at a crappy CY next week for a night and not happy about it!