FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overwater Villas - without significant transfer fees
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:36 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
Hello!

My family is planning a trip to SE Asia. I would love to redeem / stay at an overwater villa. The Maldives has lots of options (especially for points) but specifically the Park Hyatt and Hilton cost an additional $400-$500 per person to transfer from MLE. Does anyone know if there is an option that doesn't cost so much to get to? I expect I'll be paying $45 for a hamburger already so an extra $1,500 (after flying into MLE) is tough. I see there are also quite a few options in French Polynesia, maybe we save this experience when we're closer to Moorea or something?

Thanks for any tips!
Please read the Wikipost at the top of the page and other posts in the Hilton | Honors forum thread on the Moorea property. Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF}.

Only you can say if $400-500 extra per night is worth it for an OWB. Perhaps if it’s a very special celebratory time, e.g. honeymoon, anniversary, etc. but others might find a smaller, more economical property on the oceanfront cozier, more intimate, less mass market.

I’ve done the Hilton Moorea POWB for our 45th anniversary, but the more intimate and rustic Les Tipaniers offers better beaches, is closer to shopping and more reasonable dining, art boutiques, rental cars and a market. Stay longer for much less.