FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pilot says flight canceled b/c of maint issue, AA cust service says weather?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:28 am
ianj844

Programs: AA PPR
Originally Posted by bswiz
Right, I suspect that the crew had other issues earlier in the day due to all the weather. But that's kinda my point - if there had not been the maintenance issue, we would have left the gate and avoided the crew time issues, even factoring in the issues earlier in the day. At least that's the impression the pilot gave us all.

To others who have suggested hinting at the DOT, I never would have thought of that. I have asked for a customer service manager to contact me by phone, so we'll see what's next.
As I've had it explained to me by AA before the longest delay reason takes precedence regarding compensation. So for example if you have a 2 hour delay total. 1.5 hours cause of Weather and .5 hours cause of an MX issue the delay is deemed a weather delay as that was the cause for the majority of the delay. I don't think the 7 minute maintenance delay takes precedence for everything else. From past experience I don't think you'll get much from AA past a CS gesture and I really don't think there is a DOT claim in all of this.