FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:28 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by helvetic
So, I'm a little less impressed by the Surawongse after a couple days. There were a couple services failures since then:

They kindly moved me to a suite yesterday since it became available. Nice, but the execution of that move was entirely botched. I packed up my luggage and told them I had done so when leaving for the day, so they could move us to the new suite. When I returned at 8pm, the move had not been executed, despite the room being ready. They gave me the new keys and said they'd send someone to move our luggage over while we were at HH at the club lounge. That was eventually done, but they missed an item (a brightly colored water gun). There were two in the same location in the room and somehow they only got one of them. I followed up with them after arriving late last night and I was promised they'd look into it… but have yet to hear back.

Thank god it's not something important… but I'm still rather annoyed at how they can screw up something like this.

Also, the pool is packed with rids and service for drinks is extremely slow. This hotel seems popular with families, which I see as a big downside.

The location, on the other hand, hasnt' bothered me one bit. Absolutely zero traffic during Songkran and easy enough to get around from here. I even walked to Sathorn pier in 20min yesterday.
More criticisms, please! I’m quite happy for Marriott Surawongse to remain a hidden gem and not become like SGS where every guest seems to be Platinum or higher and suites become rare commodities. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than every other Marriott-branded hotel in Bangkok IMO (including possibly JWM).