FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:18 pm
hotturnip

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Man, Amex customer service sure ain't what it used to be.

I'm showing I have a little over $3K in spend since opening the acount. The agent I spoke to said he was showing a little over $100 less than that, but it wouldn't show pending charges. I don't have any of those left. So I told him, "I don't get it--I show over $3K." He put me on old. While I'm waiting, it occurs to me: I paid a $95 annual fee. I'll bet the annual fee does not count towards my spend, and that would be the difference. Agent returns to the phone. :"Everything's great! You've spent over $3K!" I tell him actually, while I was waiting, I realized the annual fee probably doesn't count. He sounds confused and is unable to confirm that. He now seems convinced I've reached the total. Now *I* am the one that thinks I haven't. I decide to put some more spend on it--I have until 4/28, he said. I ask him repeatedly when the bonus points will post. He just keeps talking about when the charges post. Finally he understands, and says it can take up to two billing cycles to see the bonus, although it can be less.

I'm just gonna keep spending.