FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:48 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Its small. I wasn't a US flyer back in the days when it was a hub, so I never saw the original club. However, that was one of my thoughts that for a former hub there is no way that this club was only this size its heyday.

I'll let to more experienced folks chime in as they visit. Was very surprised that I had a chance to put something on FT "first". Usually it feels like people are there the same hour something happens in aviation on this site.
The old club had a weird design. When you passed the reception desk and the private business cubicle area it opened into a relatively large space with several sections that were split up by four foot tall walls. Think of office cubicles that only goes up as high as your chest. There was also a second snack/beverage station that had water towers, some fruits, etc.

Basically in your picture the wall I am seeing with the pictures of downtown was where the first column of those old sections ended. There was a total of three columns and two rows (IIRC) with a relatively wide walkway between the two rows. So the area of four seating sections in the back has been eliminated if this new wall is where the club ends on the left side (coming from the entrance).