View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:16 am
ThrowingBoeing

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Originally Posted by clansey1973 View Post
You're "prying" is quite welcome and does lead to the question of "Why bother at all?". We travel to Indonesia multiple times and Australia usually once per year, some short breaks to Europe occasionally also. Couple that with most household spend via AX and hey-presto before you know it tangible "rewards" can accrue. In the past CW from BDA & DEL which for two of us starts to seem good value. Being London based No Other Airline scheme exists that has any scope at all. It may very well be coming to the stage that being Loyal both to AX & BA/OW is literally and metaphorically "Pointless"........
That's more than fair For me living in the 'grim north' with Heathrow a good 3 hours away I'm sometimes more likely to "deviate". I'm just conscious that I got to stage where I was flying slightly less convenient routings times etc just to fly Oneworld and then one day I just thought this is ridiculous and since then have enjoyed trying new carriers such as Asiana, Air Canada. Singapore have some Premium economy LHR-SIN-SYD for around 1800 in Feb which in my opinion is as good it gets outside of business and first.

One thing I would add is don't bother repositioning for Economy or Premium Economy deals the journey to AUS is already long enough without adding more stopovers and nights in hotels especially if you haven't got the luxury of a flat bed. The QR deals ex ARN however I might be tempted.