FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Lyft Changing Fare After Requesting Ride
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:32 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by brengaz
Add me to the list!

Got a shared ride, where Lyft claims "what you see is what you pay" and "You'll see a guaranteed price for the Shared ride". Since this is not the first time this happens, I took a screen shot of the ride I booked.

After the fact, my CC was billed over 30% more. Every time I email to complain, I get a lecture on how Lyft adjust pricing, using prime time to draw more drivers....No response to the price "guarantee" they offer with shared rides. No mention of the bug yet, but clearly a a shady way to do business.

Had the same thing happen once with Uber - with one email I got an apology and a price adjustment.
Have you tried a dispute with your cc company if you have screen shots of both? I, unfortunately, had not taken a screen shot of the first one so didn't have "proof" - lesson learned. From their emails to me - after the nonsense email you go (same) with persistence they admitted the "bug" but I, as 1 person don't have any power. If it's still happening and more people submit proof and complaints maybe the regulatory people will take some action.