FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A week in Cape Town - BA F to the Southern Hemisphere
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:45 am
stu1985

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by lloydje33
I definitely must visit South Africa soon. All these reports are really tempting me...
Do it!!

Originally Posted by BobBHX
Cape Town is one of my favourite cities. Top quality food and drink is incredibly good value with the Rand currently about 19 to the GBP. A couple of years ago I flew BA F into CPT. The view of the city and Table Mountain from 1K in a 744 on approach are Incredible. Make sure you book a right hand window seat.

Must try La Colombe next time I’m there. Looks fabulous. A bit like Gaggan in Bangkok in presentation?
Couldn't comment on aAggan but can confirm that La Colombe was indeed fabulous! Agree with you 100% on the approach into CPT BobBHX!

Originally Posted by DanielW
Looks like you had a great time in the Mother city, stu1985.

The dining at La Colombe looks like quite a wonderful experience, especially the can of tuna!

I was surprised about the change in liquids rule at AMS too. I was chugging my bottle of water down while waiting my turn last month and was told by a security lady that there was no need .
Thanks very much DanielW! The can of tuna was such a fun idea!

The return at AMS wasn't great. I had a mini bottle of hairspray in my liquids luggage which got through on the way out but for some reason got confiscated on the way back......

Originally Posted by nequine
Wow at how picturesque the food was and what it arrived in/on.
I know, right!

Originally Posted by lb8001
What stunning food photos! La Colombe is truly a destination in itself. Thanks for this very entertaining TR
Thanks lb8001! More to come soon when time permits!