FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nutritional Information on United food
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:21 am
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I would never trust airline catering (or even FAs) with preventing cross-contamination. Accidental cross-contamination on the ground is one thing; it can pose much more risks when a few miles in the air.

So does Miss Swede -- with the added bonus that she's allergic to sesame so she can't even have the Mezze plate. We'll just continue to brown bag it for her on flights. We have also purchased snack boxes in the past.
What drives me nuts is the gratuitous use of Egg in products that REALLY don't need it. The Cheeseburger. Does the in-flight burger really benefit from being on a "brioche" bun rather than a regular or pretzel bun? Or the chicken / bacon wrap... why not put the damned Ranch on the side rather than INTO the wrap. Would seem to be better for the calorie conscious as well.

Luckily for my son, X-contamination is generally not a major issue for him (nothing Benadryl won't fix) provided there aren't "chunks" of egg falling into his food. A simple shared surface or unwashed hand isn't life threatening to him (thank goodness).