FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:58 am
Misiu

Programs: ex-BA GGL (5 years). ex-Atlantic weekly commuter (7 years) BA and AA
Review Back to Back return from EDI (Edinburgh)
Needed a B2B turnaround to retain Exec Level. Was only 45 points short and BA kindly gave me 2 weeks grace.
Decided on a LCY -> EDI BA2216 and back on BA2217. Took the risk and booked two single tickets as to avoid the min 2-3 hours forced return window thing. The singles allowed me to do the whole thing in 3.5 hours.

On the original day of the flight the plane coming from Germany had a fault and BA swapped for a smaller plane from Manchester. They were then 10+ seats oversold and asked for volunteers. I happened to be standing by the gate agents and jumped in immediately. They were happy enough to move both single tickets too the following week and gave me 250 Euro for my troubles.
When returning for the B2B, had seat 2C and this time not much drama. The flight was running late, but I did not care as it’s the same plane coming back from EDI. Pilots made up some time and we landed only 10min late. Swiftly off the plane, quick walk to the terminal. The gate was directly opposite the lounge. Nice new lounge. Into the lounge to use the facilities, grab a coffee and a oatmeal biscuit (or two). 5 min later they called for boarding. Back to London, bit of circling. Quickly out of the airport.
No immigration drama as internal flight. Never once needed to show my passport and without any bags super relaxed.
EDI is really very easy.

From Canary wharf at 10:30am for the 11:30am flight and was back at Canary Wharf by 15:00. Very cheap flight in the end with the 250 euro compensation.

And thank you for the help/advice from the members.

Last edited by Misiu; Apr 17, 2019 at 4:03 am Reason: spell errors