FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Angel Islington {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:46 am
MoodyB

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Macken7
",,,we will be investing over a million pounds into the ground floor of the Hilton London Angel Islington this summer.

Enhancements include:
Remodeled Reception and Lobby area
Brand New Bar and Restaurant concepts
Brand New Grab and Go section
Brand New Executive Lounge

There will be some disruption to the ground floor between 13 May and 15 September 2019 in order for us to carry out these works. There will be no works on the bedrooms floors during this time.

Please Note: The Axis Bar & Restaurant will be closed between 13 May and 31 July. During this period we will be providing a very limited breakfast service at the hotel. The old Executive Lounge will be closed from 13 May until 15 September 2019 whilst we create a brand new larger Executive lounge."

Per hilton.com for the above, so I have award reservation as a Gold this summer for Red Sox/Yankees games. Thinking of switching to DoubleTree Islington, which does have an executive lounge, bus out front and Angel station 5 minutes away and access to a neighborhood with what appears to be interesting selection of restaurants,etc. Hilton 60,000 daily points works best for me and the Islington neighborhood seems to be a plus. Should I make the move as DT does have award availability?

Concur with Wizla's comments...I will also add I don't mind the DT and after my last awful stay at HI, I actually preferred it in some ways. I seem to recall that I was given a generous amount of free adult beverages, which is always a ply in my book! ;-) DT is also a very easy walk from Angel Tube.
I'm very pleased to learn of the renovations, a new, larger EL will def tempt me back!

Last edited by MoodyB; Apr 17, 2019 at 2:48 am Reason: Old age