FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL flights arrival gates and subsequent security check at FRA
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:30 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
The "problem" is that in non-Schengen B all arriving passengers (OSS and non-OSS) are funneled through a common arrival path (OSS is 'one-stop security', i.e, no extra security needed downstream after 1st check). The minute you mingle pax arriving from OSS countries (e.g., USA, Canada) with pax arriving from non-OSS countries (e.g. India), everybody has to be screened again. They have not set up a way in non-Schengen B to segregate OSS arrivals from non-OSS arrivals.
Exactly! As far as I know B20 is a special gate which can be used as a non-Schengen or Schengen gate (B19) and allow arriving passengers to be kept in secure area.

The other exception I know of are continuing SQ passengers from the US and Singapore (both OSS countries). I believe they are funnelled through to secure/departure area after deplaning and do not need to go through security before boarding the same aircraft.

AC passengers from Canada (yet another OSS country) are not so lucky. They (like arrivals from the UK) can’t enter the terminal without mixing with non-OSS arrivals.