FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full refundable ticket for "onward flight required"
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:44 am
moretsky99

Full refundable ticket for "onward flight required"

Didn't know where to post this, so sorry for that.

I've purchased a 1 way ticket for my daughter Houston to Cebu(Philippines). She's born in the PI, but is holding a US passport (only) so I'm concerned that the airline and/or PI Immigration my ask for a return ticket. I've had issues with ticket agents and PI immigration regarding the same issue. One never knows, depending on ticket counter agents and depending on how the immigration agent is feeling that day. At 13, I don't want her to have to deal with any issues.

I'd like to buy a fully refundable ticket for her so I can get my money back on the unused ticket. I don't want to make any mistakes and have seen varying opinions here as to whether this is possible, with which carriers, etc...

Please advise. Which carrier to buy from departing CEB (destination does not matter)? How to ensure a fully refundable ticket?
Can I get a refund without the physical ticket if I buy for her with my Bank of America travel rewards card? or is there a better way? She does not have mileage, but I do, on Delta.

Thanks,
Allen