FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forced to purchase return ticket, want to file dispute
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:52 am
Matt Slate

Programs: ok
I am an American citizen and I plan to travel on Thai Airlines from Bangkok Thailand to Vientiane, Laos, and then leave the country through the land border so I booked a single one way ticket, but when I went to check into my flight they told me that I need to have a return ticket back to Bangkok and I told them that I am not coming back to Bangkok through the airport I am using the Land Border and catching a domestic flight on another airlines. But they insisted that I would not be able to board the flight until the system shows that I have a return ticket from Laos to Bangkok so I had to book a ticket on thai airlines just for them to let me board the flight to Laos, the ticket I made was for 2 weeks in advanced just for them to allow me to board the flight. And when i called them to cancel they said that I can not cancel the ticket. So would Amex be able to cancel it and issue me a full refund in this situation?