FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Gold recognition on Cathay flight
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:16 pm
TWCLAM

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
As an aside you can simply ask CX to status match you that way you'll then be one of their own FFP. I asked a few days ago and after submitting proofs of BA travel and upcoming CX bookings they happily obliged and are in the process of creating the accounts for both myself & Mrs CLAM and have promised to get back to me when it's all setup. Initial email took all of a minute to type and send and I guess 5-10 gathering all the screenshots to show bookings/ mileage & current BA status.

I appreciate that the whole concept of having OW is that your status carries over across carriers however there are times when being in X airlines own little club has a benefit such as the OP's and when you encounter a newer member of staff on your travels who isn't as well versed in how the OW system works.

For a data point we're both Silver/ OWS and have been granted Marco Polo Club Gold so a like-for-like matching as their highest is Diamond which equates to OWE / BA Gold ( for those unaware).

Personal choice of course and as I said I wont argue the fact you shouldn't/ don't need to but being higher on the potential upgrade list is hardly a bad thing for such a small time requirement.